quotetrader and forced mbtrading software upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quotetrader and forced mbtrading software upgrade

when trading from the charts, with the new upgrade forced on users today, if you modify an order (edit/replace), quotetrader will crash and close.

there have not been any updates to this software for some time, will it get updates in the future?

Thanks for reporting. We will check this problem. QuoteTrader has been updated on a monthly basis.

On a similar subject, there's a new eSignal product that combines the best parts of QuoteTrader (DOM, affordability, dozens of trading destinations) and eSignal (Advanced Charts, EFS, access to eSignal data), called OnDemand.
    Check that out and see if it doesn't make a difference in your trading!
    Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 09-11-2008, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Hello Vette,

Can you tell us what version of QuoteTrader you're using? This was an issue some time again which was corrected with a new release of the MB Trading Plug-in that can check out in the post. In this post you'll also find a link to upgrade you MB Trading Plug in.

If you not using the lasted version QuoteTrader please upgrade to version 1327 which can be found here.

Hope this helps

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

I was using version 1200, which is the most recient version mentioned in the release announcments in this Quotetrader section of this forum. Am I monitoring the wrong location ???

using the new mbtrading plugin seems to fix the problem as you expected.

when I try using the 1327 version of quotetrader, I'm getting data in trademanager, but the chart is blank (it always says requesting data or connecting or waiting for quotes). the chart panel is connected to the correct broker.

Comment

Hi Vette4,

What broker do you use for chart data?

Comment

the same, mbtrading

Comment

it looks like the charts are working now.

I had to go in and configure the backfill (which mbtrading still doesn't have i guess) to say esignal paper trader then the chart started plotting. this requirement is new in this version of software.

still no update on mbtrading backfill?

Comment

They still have it in beta, but are expecting it later this year.

Have you thought about trying OnDemand (homepage)?
                It supports integrated trading with multiple brokers, the software's free, has Advanced Charts and EFS studies, and you can access eSignal's award winning data, starting at $24.95.

Brent

Comment

That's nice, unfortunately eSignal on demand doesn't support contributor-specific Forex-quotes for MBTrading, Hotspot and the other FX brokers supported by QT. Intraday history from the composite symbols is a bit useless..

Originally posted by eSignal_Brent
                  They still have it in beta, but are expecting it later this year.

Have you thought about trying OnDemand (homepage)?
                  It supports integrated trading with multiple brokers, the software's free, has Advanced Charts and EFS studies, and you can access eSignal's award winning data, starting at $24.95.

Brent

Comment

Working...
                  X