Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to activate Trailing Stops?

Hi,
    I know this is kinda dumb question but I can't find the way to activate trailing stops. Where is it; how to activate? I got trade manager window with Trail there but is constantly greyed out!!!
    Any answer will be appreciated.

I'm sorry but the trailing stops functionality has not yet been made available for the Integrated Trading Broker Partner plug-ins.

Trailing Stops and other enhancements are something of the things our Integrated Trading Developers are working for a future release of eSignal.

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH
      I'm sorry but the trailing stops functionality has not yet been made available for the Integrated Trading Broker Partner plug-ins.

Trailing Stops and other enhancements are something of the things our Integrated Trading Developers are working for a future release of eSignal.

Kind of surprising for such sophisticated piece of software like Esignal. So how other traders deal with it then? Is there any plugin out there or anything else to help with that? I am integrated with IB but I don't think that would help much.

Thanks

Comment

With Interactive Brokers users who want to set and use trailing stops would have to place their orders directly from TWS.

A trailing stop would be considered an attribute of the primary order and would need to be supported by the Brokers API. In the case of IB when an order is placed via eSignal the order is sent to the backend servers of TWS and the only attributes associated or recognized would be Precautionary Settings.

It will take work on both sides for us to accomplish trailing stop and we’re working closing with Interactive brokers and other broker partners to get it instituted.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X