Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEMO vs REAL ACCOUNT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DEMO vs REAL ACCOUNT

    Dear,

    Someone have a same trouble like me unless i missed configure someting.
    (off course i turn demo to broker in display mode).

    DEMO vs BROKER ACCOUNT.

    All works fine in demo paper eSignal as soon as open a real position to my broker.

    so i can't see ...

    1/ my P/L position in chart.

    2/ the profitable or unprofitable position color of position doesn't change in box on chart.

    3/ the percentage of ' Open P/L ' is not displayed in Account manager.

    4/ the profitable or unprofitable ticks color in scale of price does not appear in Trade manager.

    5/ and my P/L position not been displayed in Trade manager.

    All this feature are very helpfull for monitor at glance my differents positions during swingtrading.

    I've just my average entry price and i can see my position and orders on chart that all.

    How i can fix that, thanks

    My broker is Interactive Brokers.
    sorry for my enghish i am beginner frenchy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by juju075; 12-16-2014, 01:03 PM.

  • #2
    Hello Juju075,

    The Profit/Loss information in all the trading windows works off of the bid/ask(quote) data you receive from the broker. What you're experiencing here is that you're not getting any real-time quote data back r to populate this information.

    I'm guess that you currently do not subscribe to data from IB, because you want to use the data from eSignal. If this is the case you need to configure TWA to do so. Once you've completed this task the P/L information will populate.

    Please understand that not all exchange data will work between the two applications. US equities and futures should world fine, some international symbol may not.

    Hopefully this will help.

    Originally posted by juju075 View Post
    Dear,

    Someone have a same trouble like me unless i missed configure someting.
    (off course i turn demo to broker in display mode).

    DEMO vs BROKER ACCOUNT.

    All works fine in demo paper eSignal as soon as open a real position to my broker.

    so i can't see ...

    1/ my P/L position in chart.

    2/ the profitable or unprofitable position color of position doesn't change in box on chart.

    3/ the percentage of ' Open P/L ' is not displayed in Account manager.

    4/ the profitable or unprofitable ticks color in scale of price does not appear in Trade manager.

    5/ and my P/L position not been displayed in Trade manager.

    All this feature are very helpfull for monitor at glance my differents positions during swingtrading.

    I've just my average entry price and i can see my position and orders on chart that all.

    How i can fix that, thanks

    My broker is Interactive Brokers.
    sorry for my enghish i am beginner frenchy

    Comment


    • #3
      RESOLVED Interactive Brokers - eSignal Data

      Resolved

      eSignal Data connected with Interactive Brokers ok

      All works fine

      http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=5155&p=1


      not need change patch if you have C:/ProgramData/Oracle/Java....

      just rename et copy paste file like in instruction.

      Thanks

      Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH View Post
      Hello Juju075,

      The Profit/Loss information in all the trading windows works off of the bid/ask(quote) data you receive from the broker. What you're experiencing here is that you're not getting any real-time quote data back r to populate this information.

      I'm guess that you currently do not subscribe to data from IB, because you want to use the data from eSignal. If this is the case you need to configure TWA to do so. Once you've completed this task the P/L information will populate.

      Please understand that not all exchange data will work between the two applications. US equities and futures should world fine, some international symbol may not.

      Hopefully this will help.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello, I don't know if I should start a new thread or continue with this one since this one is recent and my issue is the same (I'm unable to view P/L info, and also not able to use MM Strategy in the trade manager once I turn on Interactive Brokers as my connection).

        I've done everything mentioned above and verified that the signal market data is active in TWS.
        I've tried it on the newest version of TWS (9483 from jan 5th) and I also tried it on a second computer using the old version that was recommend by esignal tech (944.3).

        When paper trading with eSignal everything works great (I see P/L and MM Strategy). but once I use the interactive brokers connection I cannot. I am able to trade etc, but just cant see the P/L or use the MM strategy feature.

        I am really interested In eSignal, I just want to try and use it for trading before my trial is up. Hoping someone can help me figure this out because I really would like to use eSignal. thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DannyShane View Post
          Hello, I don't know if I should start a new thread or continue with this one since this one is recent and my issue is the same (I'm unable to view P/L info, and also not able to use MM Strategy in the trade manager once I turn on Interactive Brokers as my connection).

          I've done everything mentioned above and verified that the signal market data is active in TWS.
          I've tried it on the newest version of TWS (9483 from jan 5th) and I also tried it on a second computer using the old version that was recommend by esignal tech (944.3).

          When paper trading with eSignal everything works great (I see P/L and MM Strategy). but once I use the interactive brokers connection I cannot. I am able to trade etc, but just cant see the P/L or use the MM strategy feature.

          I am really interested In eSignal, I just want to try and use it for trading before my trial is up. Hoping someone can help me figure this out because I really would like to use eSignal. thanks

          Hello

          I had Win 7 64 bit
          eSignal 12.0
          build: 12.0.3598.1040 64 bit

          Firstly i had done my Broker Integration

          I had missed to do Market Data Connection with eSignal
          and now all works fine.

          1 st
          you must check if your connection (API) with IB works even if all eSignal features don't work.
          Try to make an order and check if connection works. 1 share for example at $5 dollar not less.

          2nd
          Fix your market data in TWS.
          explained in website.

          The Platform work fine just do all you need to do

          Comment


          • #6
            Hello and thanks for replying - I appreciate the help.

            I've done all of that and everything is set up like that webpage said. I've verified eSignal data is in TWS and all is good. I've made trades in eSignal as a test and it works (the results showed up in TWS). I'm just not able to view P/L and the MM Strategy.

            Are you able to use the MM Strategy with eSignal while using Interactive Brokers?

            Comment


            • #7
              Hello from Paris

              If your step 2 is correct and now your TWS use eSignal Market Data.
              All the features need works.

              Check your setup in eSignal application if your different windows properties had been selected for display P/L ect.

              I don't use MM Strategy yet.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks I really appreciate your feedback.,
                yes all options were selected and it still wont show the P/L when connected with IB

                "edit chart| chart properties | show PL (and show Positions)"

                It's good to know you are able to use IB and see P/L on eSignal... That at least lets me know its possible., My trial is ending soon and at least I know its a possibility.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Important

                  Originally posted by DannyShane View Post
                  Thanks I really appreciate your feedback.,
                  yes all options were selected and it still wont show the P/L when connected with IB

                  "edit chart| chart properties | show PL (and show Positions)"

                  It's good to know you are able to use IB and see P/L on eSignal... That at least lets me know its possible., My trial is ending soon and at least I know its a possibility.
                  Hello buddy,

                  Don't forget to use the right connection "eSignal DEMO" and "Interactive Brokers", if you trade for real use your IB Connection otherwise your features does not appear.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X