Forex Scalping indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forex Scalping indicators

Has anyone ever experimented with using MACD or Stochastics as indicators for scalping the Forex? If so, what timeframes did you use, and what indicator settings did you find most optimum?

Re: Forex Scalping indicators

Originally posted by diginet
    Has anyone ever experimented with using MACD or Stochastics as indicators for scalping the Forex? If so, what timeframes did you use, and what indicator settings did you find most optimum?

Yes, I trade CME Fx futures using stochs on 15M & 5 M charts.
    However on my Metastock I have written a simple code to show 15M stoch onto a 5M chart

I want to leave MS because it is too slow at the 5M level, but I need Esig code to show 15M EMA & !% stoch on 5M chart

Do yo know how to do this?

Comment

commanderco
      If you have version 7.9 installed then all the studies in the EFS2 Custom folder are already preset for true syncronization across multiple intervals (and/or symbols).
      In the enclosed image you can see a 5 min chart of 6E #F with a 10 period EMA and a 14,3,3 Stochastic both computed on 15 minute data.
      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
        commanderco
        If you have version 7.9 installed then all the studies in the EFS2 Custom folder are already preset for true syncronization across multiple intervals (and/or symbols).
        In the enclosed image you can see a 5 min chart of 6E #F with a 10 period EMA and a 14,3,3 Stochastic both computed on 15 minute data.
        Alex

Many thanks Alexis. Yes I have 7.9 and I have overlaid the stoch s on my 5 min chart, but how do I input a 15 min time period into the stoch?

Comment

commanderco
          Right click the indicator and select Edit Studies from the context menu. This will open the Study Properties dialog box. Insert 15 in the Interval box and click OK or press <Enter>
          Alex

Comment

commanderco
            Right click the indicator and select Edit Studies from the context menu. This will open the Study Properties dialog box. Insert 15 in the Interval box and click OK or press <Enter>
            Alex
            Gracias Alexis that works, 2 questions if I may

1 I want to change the upper & lower lines to broken grey
            from their default of solid black

2 When I overlay 2 custom stochs in one window the upper
            & lowers do not line up

Comment

commanderco
              1. Open the efs with the Editor and replace Color.black with Color.lightgrey in lines 80 and 81.
              To change the type of line you replace PS_SOLID in lines 80 and 81 with a Pen Style of your choice. For a list the available Pen Styles (ie the type of line) see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase.
              2. You need to right click the overlayed indicators and make sure that both are set to Scale Right
              Alex

Comment

commanderco
                1. Open the efs with the Editor and replace Color.black with Color.lightgrey in lines 80 and 81.
                To change the type of line you replace PS_SOLID in lines 80 and 81 with a Pen Style of your choice. For a list the available Pen Styles (ie the type of line) see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase.
                2. You need to right click the overlayed indicators and make sure that both are set to Scale Right
                Alex
                Got that ... many thanks Alexis.

Comment

commanderco
                  You are most welcome
                  Alex

Comment

Working...
                  X