Trading Session Times - FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuan
    In the first image below you can see an alternative method to set up the Sessions (this is what I actually use myself for the 'all sessions' contracts of ES and NQ). The second image shows how to set the Sessions if you want to plot only the pit trading hours of the full sized equity index futures
    Alex

Comment

Awesome post Alex! I do not mean to confuse things regarding futures expirations, but I have an idea that works for me. I too used expiration rule 81 to prevent my future symbols from experting but I found it easier to classify the e-signal continuous contacts (ie ES #F) as an INDEX. I still trade front month of course but it is allot cleaner set up for me. Thanks again for your help!!

Dave

Comment

Dave
        Thank you for the compliment and for bringing up the point of setting up Future contracts as Indexes
        I too set up all the electronically traded futures as Indexes. In fact if you look at the two Edit Symbol dialog boxes shown in my prior post you will see that the first tab shows Index and not Future contract even though the symbols are ES #F and ES #F=2
        If anyone is interested on setting up the E-mini S&P as an Index as mentioned by Dave you may want to review the Setting up ES as Stock or Index.mht html archive document which is available here. While the document is specific to ES the process can be applied to any future contract.
        Hope this helps
        Alex

Comment

Alex,

Both of your posts are right on the point. I tried both, both worked. I really appreciate your support. There is only one thing remains: the plug-in does not download any data for AB #F=2, while AB #F and AB M7 are fine. All of them were inserted as indexes. Any suggestions, please let me know.

Chuan

Comment

Chuan
            At this time eSignal does not offer an =2 symbol for the E-mini Russell 2000 futures.
            The only valid symbols are AB #F and AB M7 (the current front month)
            Alex

Comment

Alex,

You are right. Format xx #F=2 are only good for ES, NQ and MC. It is not valid for other futures (AB, YM, YG, YI and QM etc.).

Thanks!

Chuan

Comment

Working...
              X