Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMA Crossovers Alarm

Hello,

I wonder if any of you guys can help me. Jason (a senior esignal efs developer) created the attached formula. Basically, it plots the 15EMA and 10EMA. Could someone show me how to tweak it so that it sounds an alarm when the two crossover?

Cheers

Carlton

P.S. I would also like to have the default colours of the candlestick bars i.e green and red - currently they are shown as grey
    Attached Files

Carlton
    The attached modification of the efs now paints the bars at the crossovers.
    Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Alex,

Thanks a lot mate..

Carlton

Comment

Carlton
        You are most welcome.
        With regards to the alarm you have various solutions.
        One is to have it sound at every crossover which means that it will sound even on intrabar crosses.
        Another is to have it sound only the first time the averages cross even though at the close of the bar that may turn out to be a false signal.
        Lastly you could have it sound only at the close of the bar if the cross is confirmed. My suggestion would be the latter given that you already have a "real time" alert provided by the color of the bar.
        Alex

Comment

Alex,

Thanks great mate. I wonder if you could take a quick look at my last thread concerning highest high alerts. I'm actually looking at one of your formulas on HH as we speak but its giving me the following error message:

cannot find OHLC/gettodayohlc1.efs.

Once again thank you for your time.

Carlton

Just in case you can't you can't find my last thread it says the following:

"I have attached an efs that is designed to sound an alarm when the highest high of the day is reached, however it seems go sound an alarm almost after each bar. I was wondering if someone could take a quick look at it and tell me what needs to be done in order for it to function as its supposed to."
          Attached Files

Comment

Alex,

I should also point out that I running your formula on a playback tick file.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Carlton
              The attached modification of the efs adds sound alerts at crossovers only at the close of the bar (ie if the cross is confirmed).
              Alex
              Attached Files

Comment

Alex,

I have a similar study to the one you tweaked for me to change to colour of the bars when the emas crossed over. This study has more features however it doesn't change the colours of the bars when the emas crossover. I wonder if you would be kind enough to tweak the formula to show the changing of the colours. I attempted to do it myself but it went horribly wrong.

Cheers mate..

Carlton
                Attached Files

Comment

Carlton
                  The attached modification should do what you asked
                  Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Alex,

That is great mate, however would it be possible to just have the default price bars set to normal green and red. Once again I tried doing it myself by commenting out the defaults as shown below;

//setColorPriceBars(true);
                    //setDefaultPriceBarColor(Color.black)

but it didn't work.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Carlton
                      Once you paint a bar you have to paint them all so simply commenting out the setDefaultPriceBarColor() will not restore the original up/down lime/red colors when the conditions do not return true. You need to include the conditions for when the crossover bars are not painted.
                      The attached efs should now do that. Note that I changed the cross down to magenta in lieu of red
                      Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Hey Alexis,

Thats great.

I wonder if I could be a bit picky.. I noticed that the colours aren't exactly the same as the original colours. For example, the green and red bars are slightly brighter than the original colours. Is there a reason for this? And is it possible to have the original colours?

Again, I'm just being picky, but I want to thank you very much.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Carlton
                          For ease of coding I just use the basic color codes. If you want to use specific colors all you need to do is find the appropriate RGB values.
                          Red for example can be defined as Color.red or Color.RGB(255,0,0). By slightly modifying the RGB values you may be able to reproduce exactly the color you want.
                          Alex

Comment

Alex,

Once again thanks-ever-so-much.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Alex,

Could you please explain or give an example where to insert the IBBroker Buy and Sell instructions on Carlton s MA scriptÉ

Thank you in advance.

Andrei

Comment

Working...
                              X