EMA Crossovers Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrei
    I am afraid I cannot be of much help with this as I am not familiar with the IB commands.
    Alex

Comment

Come on! You mean you don't know where to insert these EFS statements like '' trade.Buy(getSymbol(), 1, IBBroker.MARKET);
      '' or '' trade.Sell(getSymbol(), 1, IBBroker.MARKET); '' in the sample_targetstop(2).efs script you gave

Pfffft...

Andrei

Comment

Andrei
        I am sorry you took it that way.
        First of all the efs you refer to was not programmed by me. All I did was add one modification to trigger an alarm.
        Secondly, as I am not familiar with the IB statements and commands, and even if I were I cannot test them, I am somewhat reluctant to provide any code that may have a negative impact on you or anyone else.
        Hope this explains my prior reply.
        Alex

Comment

Andrei

I can give you a good hint.
          Brad Metheney , www.ment.com has developed for me an efs just for IB buy sell strategies. The cost is very low, if is a modification of a not very much complicated EFS.

I believe that would be in the range of 50/75$ but I'm not sure since was just a "limited time working efs" just usable for few weeks for a seminar we took in italy.

This would be the best way.
          Remember taht Brad (or Chris ), they are great master in that and you can ask as many modifications you like.
          Provided you pay for this custom EFS as all of us do when unable do develope by ourselves something which is not of "pubblic interest."
          Last edited by fabrizio; 12-10-2003, 03:19 AM.
          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion.

So eSignal will not write clear explanations (your IB function manual 'IB EFS project' is really bad...), or help in this BBS, on how to use the IB functions so that consultants can make a living. Thank you very much for the support!

I am asking just a simple clear example... like:
            if(high() > hh && !Strategy.isLong()){

Strategy.doLong("Long", Strategy.MARKET, Strategy.NEXTBAR);

Where does one insert the instruction: trade.Buy(getSymbol(), 1, IBBroker.MARKET);

Cheers.

Andrei

Comment

Andrei,

First of all, Alex and Fabrizio are not employees of eSignal. Alex was simply answering your direct inquiry to him with the answer that he doesn't know about the IB functions, and won't be much help in that regard. Fabrizio's suggestion was just that, a suggestion... a way around programming it yourself. It sounds like he has had a great experience working with Brad, and he was just sharing and suggesting that.

I agree with you that the documentation for the IBBroker object could be better (i.e. with more clear examples,) however I disagree with saying it's "really bad". There is enough there to define each parameter, show how to instantiate the object, and use it. Going forward, we will continue our efforts to create more EFS documentation, and flesh out the EFS Help Center.

Back to the issue at hand, using your example, this should help answer your question.

PHP Code:
              var trade = new IBBroker;

function 
              main() {
              if(
              high() > hh && !Strategy.isLong()){

trade.Buy(getSymbol(),100,IBrBroker.MARKET);

Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

Andrei
                If Could be of some help for your IB strategy and operations follow this LINK

You will be directed to a free file share group where you can find some interesting tools and DO strategies EFS files

The TRADE BUTTON V1 PT ( paper trade) is easily configurable for IB trading and reside just on your chart and can be moved around rather than be a "ticket".

Try it , I'm sure you'll like it.
                Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Why make it complicated while the eSignal IBBroker plug-in works very wellÉ

The problem I suppose is when one is not a programmer and decides to code a complete script (with target and stop e tutti quanti)... I am sorry if I lost my temper.

Anyway if someone wants to help I have a complete script that shows everything on the chart but does not... execute the IB instructions!
                  As eSignal is not interested to really support its IB link, I will continue to debug it myself.

Cheers,

Andrei

Comment

Working...
                  X