Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I insert an image into a Forum Thread message ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I insert an image into a Forum Thread message ?

I use a program called "Snapshot" to capture images and then paste the images into email, etc. How do I insert such an image into a Forum Thread message such as this message?

Re: How do I insert an image into a Forum Thread message ?

jcm21
    The easiest way to include an image in a post is to attach it as a file using the Attach File option that is available when you compose the message. You are limited to one attachment per post (I believe this is a vBulletin limitation and not specific to this forum)
    You can also include inline images where the image is stored on the web and you include its URL address inside the [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] tags (without any spaces) in the body of your message. In this case you can have multiple images in a post
    Alex

Originally posted by jcm21
    I use a program called "Snapshot" to capture images and then paste the images into email, etc. How do I insert such an image into a Forum Thread message such as this message?

Comment

Can I copy/paste a captured image into a thread msg between [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] tags

Can I copy/paste an image captured by an image capture program between [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] tags? (The image capture program is called Snapshot). That is: I am wondering if the presence of the tags then allows image pasting between the tags.

Also, what are the mechanics of placing the [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] tags
      into my message - I unsuccessfully tried several things. Do I just type them in?
      Last edited by jcm21; 11-27-2007, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Re: Can I copy/paste a captured image into a thread msg between [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] tags

jcm21
        Once you captured an image using the Snapshot tool you need to store that image on the web.
        The easiest way to do that is to use File Sharing which eSignal provides for this purpose (for information on File Sharing and instructions on how to use it you may want to review this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase)
        At that point you can use the URL address of that image in the [ IMG ] [ /IMG] tags in the body of your message
        Alex

Originally posted by jcm21
        Can I copy/paste an image captured by an image capture program between [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] tags? (The image capture program is called Snapshot). That is: I am wondering if the presence of the tags then allows image pasting between the tags.

Also, what are the mechanics of placing the [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] tags
        into my message - I unsuccessfully tried several things. Do I just type them in?

Comment

Working...
        X