Deleting email notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting email notification

I have checked all the questions in my user profile, etc. but can't seem to find the way to STOP emails that come to me from the forum seemingly whenever ANYONE posts something on the forum. How do I stop those emails from coming?

Thanks.

Re: Deleting email notification

hamrinbb
    If you do not wish to receive email notifications click USER CP in the main forum menu then select Edit Options and in the Edit Options page set the Use 'Email Notification' by default option to No
    Alex

Originally posted by hamrinbb
    I have checked all the questions in my user profile, etc. but can't seem to find the way to STOP emails that come to me from the forum seemingly whenever ANYONE posts something on the forum. How do I stop those emails from coming?

Thanks.

Comment

It was checked "No." However, I unchecked it and checked it again to see if that works. Thanks.

Comment

hamrinbb
        You are welcome
        Alex

It was checked "No." However, I unchecked it and checked it again to see if that works. Thanks.

Comment

Alex, it didn't work.

Under messaging & notification, all the No boxes are checked except "enable private messaging" I thought that was only to allow people to send me a private message, not to send me every post on the forum. Do I need to check that "no," too?

Comment

hamrinbb
            I think I understand what the issue is. The Use email notification by default option prevents you from automatically subscribing to threads to which you may be replying going forward (ie from the moment you set the option to No). However it does not unsubscribe you (or prevent emails) from threads to which you replied while that option was set to Yes or from forums you are subscribed to..
            Go in your Control Panel and unsubscribe from any forum and thread you are currently subscribed to and I believe that should resolve the issue.
            As to the Enable Private Messaging option that should only enable or disable the feature.
            Hope this helps
            Alex.

Alex, it didn't work.

Under messaging & notification, all the No boxes are checked except "enable private messaging" I thought that was only to allow people to send me a private message, not to send me every post on the forum. Do I need to check that "no," too?

Comment

Working...
            X