Editing your post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing your post

It doesn't seem possible to edit your post if you have included a quote from another post. It would be conveinent if you could do this. Or maybe I'm just not going through the proper steps.

Thank you for considering this,
    Jay

Just found that if you don't include the [/B][/QUOTE] , the quote won't be enclosed in the box and you can then edit your post.
    But guess it would still be better if you could edit even if the quote's enclosed.

Re: Editing your post

Jay
    The quote box prevents access to the Edit button only if it is located in the first line of a post
    That said you can actually still edit that post. If you are using IE8 select Page-> Style -> No Style from the Command bar and the page will reload without the quote boxes thereby giving you access to the Edit button [other broswers may offer different solutions]
    In order to avoid the issue altogether [while still quoting the original text] you can either add your text before the quote [as I normally do eg this post] or if you prefer to have the quote on top just insert a character [for example a dot] in the first line of your post
    Alex

Originally posted by jay60
    It doesn't seem possible to edit your post if you have included a quote from another post. It would be conveinent if you could do this. Or maybe I'm just not going through the proper steps.

Thank you for considering this,
    Jay

Just found that if you don't include the [ QUOTE ] , the quote won't be enclosed in the box and you can then edit your post.
    But guess it would still be better if you could edit even if the quote's enclosed.

Comment

Re: Re: Editing your post

Thank you very much Alex. Life just became a little easier!!
      Jay

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      Jay
      The quote box prevents access to the Edit button only if it is located in the first line of a post
      That said you can actually still edit that post. If you are using IE8 select Page-> Style -> No Style from the Command bar and the page will reload without the quote boxes thereby giving you access to the Edit button [other broswers may offer different solutions]
      In order to avoid the issue altogether [while still quoting the original text] you can either add your text before the quote [as I normally do eg this post] or if you prefer to have the quote on top just insert a character [for example a dot] in the first line of your post
      Alex
      Last edited by jay60; 06-09-2010, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Editing your post

Jay
        My pleasure
        Alex

Originally posted by jay60
        Thank you very much Alex. Life just became a little easier!!
        Jay

Comment

Working...
        X