Sync historical and realtime data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sync historical and realtime data

I'm porting a charting app. I can backfill (get the history) data on a 1 min. interval fine. I also want to get real-time bars after the historical data is complete. Do the quote servers have any messaging or timestamp marker capability that one can use to sync clocks, in my case 1 min. intervals, or do I have to derive it from my computers timer and by watching the timestamp of the history data?
    Last edited by tonofit; 08-17-2004, 12:05 PM.

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question. As the bars are updated in realtime, the new bars will arrive with a timestamp that indicates the time of the start of whatever interval the update occured within. Not sure I understand my own sentence. The timestamp on the bars comes from the server so you do not have to record it yourself.

Comment

The problem is a time syncing question about the eSignal quote server and in my case a charting application. One doesn't want to have time slippage between the quote server and the charting application. So the question has to do with the server providing a "heartbeat" time message so that time is correlated. Does any feature like a message or indicator exist with the API to take advantage of?

Comment

eSignal is configured to sync with a time beacon that is set in the Data Manager (Data ->Time). You may be able to play with that setting to sync time.

The starttime and endtime parameters in RequestHistory may be corrected by the 7.7 Final Release - which also may help.

Comment

Working...
        X