Time lag noticed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time lag noticed

I'm a software developer and use MB Trading data feed for quotes and T&S and the DeskTop ActiveX pre-release of eSignal 7.7 for charting realtime 1min. worth of the previous day and todays data, as 2 data feeds on the same computer. I have a fast computer Win2K, 3.2GHZ, 1GB RAM, 76MB mirrored drives and doesn't have any preformance issues. I was only monitoring 3 symbols. This AM open the data feed for ADSK for instance was about 6 or 7 secs. slower from eSignal then what I saw in MB Trading Quotes and T&S for very heavy volumes in the first 10 -15 mins of the open of the market. If you could run a dual monitor during heavy volumes of an issue and what eSignal has and MB Trading quotes and T&S you will see I think what I am talking about here.
    Last edited by tonofit; 08-20-2004, 08:20 AM.

Hi Tonofit,

We moved this to the ActiveX Forum cause I'm thinking the problem lies there. I did some checking and we have not received any compliants today of lagging data, so I don't think it's an issue of transmission of data out of here. Also, daily we do competitive testing of data and all was o.k. today.

How are you monitoring the data from eSignal? Is it into a time & sales window or is it thru ActiveX? I'm not the ActiveX expert, but if you could provide as much detail as possible, someone will be sure to get back on this thread.

Thanks,

Comment

It's funny you saw this today. We have found that with some trading systems, they are updating the system time on our desktop by either network stamps or some other program.

You can try to uncheck the "Synchronize to Computer Clock" option in Data->Time of the Data Manager. The problem lies in painting T&S in the window and we are currently reviewing all time sync references in eSignal to verify that we are using the system time at all times.

Also, the computer is not as significant in this case as the network connection is. We have noticed that heavy traffic on connections intensifies this issue.

Comment

The issue is for time lag is with eSignal

I have 2 different data feeds. I wrote my own Time and Sales presentation list screen box and have verified it against a competitor of eSignal and it tracked almost in sync with MB Trading's data feed in an earlier test. I cannot use the competitor because I need premarket data that they don't store but that eSignal does store. I am NOT USING the eSignal integartion with MB Trading for these tests, so that doesn't play any part in what I'm seeing here.

Having the data in sync with the trade quotes, and bid/ask spread is critical for effective tape reading correlated with the realtime chart.

I am only using eSignal data with ActiveX desktop for real-time charting which shows in real-time the quotes going off in a reverse video box on the price scale on the y axis of the chart component as a reference. The eSignal driven charts were definitely lagging by 6 or 7 seconds in slippage. This only happened when the volume was heavy in the first 10 min. of the market open, and I am only monitoring 2 to 3 symbols getting the data on them. The symbol was ADSK a gap stock today 8/20/2004
        Last edited by tonofit; 08-20-2004, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X