Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding IESignal.BasicQuote

Hi,

IESignal.BasicQuote has fields for last bid/ask/trade plus the associated size.

How to figure out that an IESignal.BasicQuote holding unchanged trade price and size actually is the same trade and not a new one at the same price level with the same size ?

Regards
    Last edited by Dierk Droth; 09-21-2004, 05:12 AM.
    Dierk Droth
    www.trademagic.net
    TradeMagic - Trading at its best

Anyone ?
    Dierk Droth
    www.trademagic.net

Comment

If you are concerned with that level of detail, why not use Time and Sales instead of Quotes?

Cheers... George

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

a) So I understand you currectly that on using IESignal.BasicQuote there is no way to overcome this issue, right ? (just trying to understand the concept)

b) As for times and sales: Interesting idea, but wouldn't there be ressource issue, since all "seen" time and sales data will be kept in memory ? AFAIK there is no way to release it except calling ReleaseHistory and re-requesting it, right ?

Regards
        Dierk Droth
        www.trademagic.net

Comment

a) So I understand you currectly that on using IESignal.BasicQuote there is no way to overcome this issue, right ? (just trying to understand the concept)

I do not know if an OnQuoteChanged event is triggered if a new trade comes through with the same price and volume as the previous trade. That would be the only way I would know of to tell.

b) As for times and sales: Interesting idea, but wouldn't there be ressource issue, since all "seen" time and sales data will be kept in memory ? AFAIK there is no way to release it except calling ReleaseHistory and re-requesting it, right ?

Correct. Time and sales are more resource intensive. BTW, if you RequestTimeSales, you want to ReleaseTimeSales, not ReleaseHistory.

Cheers... George

Comment

Thanks for comments.
            Dierk Droth
            www.trademagic.net

Comment

Working...
            X