Desktop API GetHistory Date Problem under full 7.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop API GetHistory Date Problem under full 7.7

I have visual basic for excel code that has been gethistory-ing successfully for several versions of esignal, most recently the the 7.7 alpha (beta?) that was posted to this forum. It has been successfully running for a month or more on that.
    Yesterday I upgraded to the full official version of 7.7. The first problem was that when I did a simple upgrade (no uninstall of old) it complained about an old dll when I tried to startup esignal. So I did a complete uninstall and then reinstall. Esignal app started up fine and returns apparently current data.
    So then I ran my code that retrieves price data for the current day. It no longer returns current data! I dug and found that the the esignal.RequestHistory is returning data from 9/29 even though today is Oct 1 (and I am only asking for 30 bars...so definitely should be today)!!!! I see this when I do GetBar and look at date. HELP!!!
    I tried going into the Esignal Data manager and scheduling an immediate data purge (and tried "Force" also) thinking maybe old data in the cache. No effect.
    I want to emphasize I have made no code alternations and have never had this problem before when changing versions. I am stumped!
    Please advise as my code is useless now :-(

I don't know what I can do to help with this. Are you never able to get current data? What if you change the interval or grab more data points? Maybe RequestHistory is actually working better than you expect, which is why you don't see the data?

Do you ever call ClearSymbolCache?

I'll need more information to help out.

Comment

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Comment

Followup 7.7 Error

Thanks for the followup! I tried rolling back to 7.7 release candidate and everything is working again. So definitely tied to full 7.7. I am just going to keep using the candidate for now.
        I also waited a few days before doing this thinking cache might clear and then tried again with 7.7 (i.e. before I did the rollback) and still had the problem.
        Very odd. I never tried explicit clear cache call (though I did empty cache at the esignal manager level manually.

Luke

Comment

This IS odd. I am worried that a new issue was introduced in the code since the RC that you are using and am worried about it. There is a function called "ClearSymbolCache()" that clears the data in the DM, which may correct the issue.

I am having a hard time replicating the problem - has anyone else seen this? Or can you send me a code snippet that highlights the problem you are describing?

Comment

Robi

This is related to a post title "Server Busy".

After having problems with RequestHistory with 7.7 and nothing else worked, I reverted to the Release Candidate code and rebuilt the projects completely and that worked INITIALLY. I was about to post that something in the 7.7 release probably broke it, but I had the same behaviour last night so now I'm not sure.

One common denominator is that if I run a load (of 100 symbols for 3 days) between 7->9pm EST I usually have no problems. After 10pm or midnight I can probably expect to have to reload 1/3 of the symbols.

Hope that helps you track down what may be happening.

Comment

Can you run a bandwidth monitoring application (freeware from downloads.com will work) to see if there is any relationship between your issues and potential traffic somewhere along the line? Also, do you pause your application between each symbol? That may help in the long-run because if you make a whole bunch of requests, the server will place them in a queue with all of the others it needs to accomodate. If you break up the batch process into smaller steps, you may see an improvement.

Comment

Working...
              X