Stochastic and MACD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stochastic and MACD

Is it possible to use the desktop API to calculate the stochastic and/or MACD? Or, even better, can the API simply give me the real-time calculations of these values?

(I'm a professional programmer, but not a trader. I'm doing some investigation for a friend of mine who wants me to write a program that does some calculations on the price, stochastic, and MACD of a stock. I know very little about technical analysis, but would appreciate any insights you guys have on using the API for that purpose. My apologies if this is an inappropriate question for this forum...)

It is possible to use the API to get the data you need in order to calculate TA. The API itself does not provide any TA functions to do the actual calculating.

So essentially you ask the API to "give me the last 100 days of high/low/open/close of daily bars" (for example), and it gives you those price values. You then use those numbers and run them through the TA algorithms you code up. You can google around and find the algorithms for pretty much every common TA. If you can't find what you are looking for, just PM me and I'll point you at a place to start.

Cheers... George

Comment

Working...
    X