Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• historical data available?

Hi,

I am working on retrieving historical data from eSignal at night. The request (in c#), esignal.get_RequestHistory("IBM","D",IESignal.barT ype.btDAYS,2,-1,-1), sometimes has data returned, sometimes not (esignal.get_GetNumBars(lHandle)==0).

I was wondering if eSignal provides data 24 hours a day or in a specific time period?

Thanks.

Lu

It is available 24 hours a day, but your best results will be when there is not much activity. Is there any consistancy of when you get data and when you do not? You may want to try to "slow down" your requests, rather than requesting everything all at once.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

But I only sent one request for one symbol. It is console based and the time is 8:10 am (from the forum's index page, guess it is GMT).

If I call esignal.get_GetNumBars(lHandle) immediately after IHandle=esignal.get_RequestHistory("IBM","D",IESig nal.barType.btDAYS,3,-1,-1), the result is 0.

If I use esignal.OnBarsReceived, esignal.OnBarsChanged, the esignal.OnBarsReceived event handler get called, but hangs at esignal.get_GetNumBars(lHandle).

I am not sure where the problem is. Does it have anything to do with console? The program works once in a while, but doesn't work most of the time.

Lu
      Last edited by LH779; 11-19-2004, 12:29 AM.

Comment

The Multiple History sample in the File Share shows how to use RequestHistory and there is also a recent example in with the Access database. I have never created a console application with this API, so it may very well be the cause of your problem.

Comment

Working...
        X