Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XML API... aaarrrggghhh!

Hi,

I have now spoken to 4 or 5 people at eSignal over a period of 2 weeks trying to get some information on the XML API.

No one seems able to help me. Technical support on the phone said that it was very complicated and that they could not provide support on it... hmmm.

I see from the matrix at http://www.esignal.com/hubs/matrix.asp that it can cope with 5000 streaming quotes, is "extremely fast", and that "Development Time Cycle and Level of Complexity is Moderate and simple".

This sounds great but could you please, please, please... provide the following:

1) The cost of getting a single user account for UK, US and major European equities markets with the XML API.

2) Some technical documentation on how it works, integration etc.

Surely one can not be expected to make a decision about purchasing it without these things. Indeed I find it hard to believe that any have been sold at all given that none of the sales team even knew what it was!

Thank you for your help,

Nick M

Robi can correct me, but I don't think the XML API has been released yet. It is a work in progress as far as I know.

Cheers... George

Comment

UNHAPPY...

This is part of the problem I am finding, not the solution.

Your website says that you have one and even mentions a price and capacity, none of your staff know if you do or not and the reply I get to my post is ambiguous.

Do you, or do you not, have what you claim to have on your website?

This level of service is appalling.

Thanks,

Nick

Comment

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry you are frustrated, but I personally am not an eSignal employee. It is not "my" website, "my" staff, etc. I was just trying to offer what I (as a private citizen and programmer) knew on the subject. The person with the answers would be Robi who is on this board and will no doubt answer when he has a chance.

Cheers... George

Comment

Sorry...

In which case I apologize for my fallacious assumption and thank you for your help.

I have to find an API with that kind of power (3-5k quotes) in XML if possible. Do you know of any other companies who provide one?

Thanks,

Nick

Comment

???

Can anyone from eSignal answer my question?

Thanks

Comment

XML Solution

Our XML solution is not an API and is only available for commercial development. It is only available through a private telecommunications line (6 week lead time) and is a back-office server type solution. If you are a representative of a company that is interested in this type of solution, please fill out our Enterprise Solutions Request Form and an outside sales person will contact you.

There is a completely different sales channel for this business-to-business solution, which is why you were having a hard time obtaining information regarding it through our inside sales representatives.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you. We will follow up with it today.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                X