C# app not getting data consistently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C# app not getting data consistently

I'm writing a desktop API client in C#, and am having trouble getting data back from get_RequestHistory consistently. I can sometimes get btDAYS or btBARS for 1 day for some symbols, but not for all the symbols I request history for. I went back and looked at the sample projects, and found that the Multiple History sample is also in C#. When I run it, I get the same results as I do with my app; sometimes, I get some data, but usually not much. The app seems to get stuck at some point, and I don't get any more OnBarsReceived events.

I modified the Multiple History sample to not request history for the N+1 symbol until it had received the data requested for the Nth symbol; this did not make any difference.

If I close eSignal, close the eSignal Data Manager, and make sure the winsig.exe process is killed, then restart eSignal and dismiss the Data Manager splash screen, I sometimes get more data than I did before. But I cannot consistently get today's OHLC data.

I just downloaded eSignal 7.8, installed it, and rebooted. The behavior is the same as with 7.7.

Since I can't even get the sample app to work, I'm not sure what to try next. Have other folks gotten this sample to work reliably?

I neglected to mention that I'm only asking for data on 5 symbols, and the app often gets stuck on the 2nd or 3rd symbol. So it doesn't seem like I should be running into any sort of symbol limit.

Comment

My apps gets 5 minute data, and now gets it all with the 7.7 release.

In the process of doing this I both handle messages and also poll for data being ready in a timer, to make sure not just waiting on a message. So you might try adding a little loop to poll just to see if that gets you your data.

-Jim

Comment

Working...
      X