Desktop API Is Not The Right Tool.*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop API Is Not The Right Tool.*

Would someone be so kind as to confirm my suspicions...

The desktop API MUST have the eSignal application running in order to feed a second application?

Running the DLL invokes the data manager, the esignal application AND the application under developement!

This is not at all what I need...

Questions:

How [if] can the data be accessed without the eSignal main application?

I need pure data for my application...what does eSignal offer to third party stand alone charting developers?

Frustrated...

The salesman specifically told me that the main app did not need to run in the background

Scott Whitney

The desktop API MUST have the eSignal application running in order to feed a second application?

Running the DLL invokes the data manager, the esignal application AND the application under developement!

True

Comment

No Middle Ground

Thanks for the reply...

There appears no middle ground with eSignal concerning application developement.

The desktop API is a toy by all accounts...

The main SDK seems out of reach to all but institutional firms...

What does eSignal do for serious independent developers?

I am canceling my subscriptions tommorrow unless I can get the full SDK

What a bummer

Scott
      Last edited by SWhitney; 12-13-2004, 10:14 PM.

Comment

The Desktop API is designed for retail use and is an interface to eSignal, whereas the Standard API is available for certain 3rd party applications and is an interface to our Data Manager.

I consider wscully, JimBecker, GenSpoo, chrisjames, agreisman and many others serious independent developers who use the Desktop API for personal use. The controls we have through the Desktop API are stronger, which allows us to make it available for our retail customers. We feel the risk of exploitation of our Standard API outweighs the advantages and potential profit for making it available for retail use.

Comment

Not to worry

Not to worry Robbi and thanks for the reply.

I have been put in touch with the right people at eSignal and they are taking care of my needs.

We are not retail.

Scott Whitney
          HeadsUp Trading

Comment

Working...
          X