esignal.RequestSymbol "IBM", True
    DoEvents
    Dim quote As IESignal.BasicQuote

quote = esignal.GetBasicQuote("IBM")
    edtBid.Text = Str$(quote.dBid)
    edtAsk.Text = Str$(quote.dAsk)
    edtLast.Text = Str$(quote.dLast)
    esignal.ReleaseSymbol "IBM"

It doesn't work either UNLESS I put in a call to sleep around 500 ms after the RequestSymbol and before the call to GetBasicQuote. This blows since I was trying to cycle through about 400 basic quotes, a process that used to take less than a half-minute but with a half-second delay becomes about 4 minutes. What happened? Will the ActiveX continue to be this pathetically slow as this was a planned move. What kind of response times can I get from the high-end direct call (or whatever you want to call it) version?

Thanks,
    Kevin

With only 2 days to compare it against, it's hard to say. I know nothing has changed over the Holidays to cause this to occur. Was volume significantly different on the two days you are comparing?

Comment

Well actually, it has run fine for the last 4 months. The only difference of note is I upgraded to V 7.8 just before it happened. I uninstalled and reinstalled v7.7 but there was no difference in performance. If could be a v7.8 issue. I installed 7.7 over top of 7.8 but I suppose I should have checked all the files.

Comment

I didn't realize you upgraded from 7.7 to 7.8. If it was working good before, completely unstall 7.8, remove the directory and reinstall. After that, re-reference the control and re-build your application to get it back to the original state.

I know there is a fix that will be in 7.9, but it was unrelated. I will need to see if there was a new problem introduced in 7.8.

Comment

Rolling back to 7.7 appears to have corrected the problem with the history. Since I only today was testing the GetBasicQuote as a standalone process, I can't reliably say whether it worked before without a sufficient timeout or not. If you have any suggestions as to how to most quickly retrieve a simple quote without having to a Request/Release, I would appreciate hearing it. I will probably move up to the API but 2.5K is pretty hard to swallow at the moment.

Kevin

Comment

Never mind (loved Gilda). I can now slam 400 quotes in just a few seconds. I'll stay with v7.7 Thanks for your help.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X