Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDE quotes

hI,
    I downloaded the sample DDE spreadsheet from eSignal Samples File Sharing Group and can sucessfully get the quote LAST by typing =WINROS|LAST!'0001-hkg'.
    But if I have almost 1000 stocks ranging from 0001-hkg, .... to 1000-hkg on Excel column A, anyone can tell me how to drag and drop all quotes on column B in a faster way instead of by typing =WINROS|LAST!'xxxx-hkg' each time ?
    Thanks.

Wallace

You can write a macro that will programmatically place the values you need into the columns.

Comment

Re: DDE quotes

Originally posted by wallchan
      hI,
      I downloaded the sample DDE spreadsheet from eSignal Samples File Sharing Group and can sucessfully get the quote LAST by typing =WINROS|LAST!'0001-hkg'.
      But if I have almost 1000 stocks ranging from 0001-hkg, .... to 1000-hkg on Excel column A, anyone can tell me how to drag and drop all quotes on column B in a faster way instead of by typing =WINROS|LAST!'xxxx-hkg' each time ?
      Thanks.

Wallace
      Yes:

In a single column from rows 1 to 1000 put the values 1 to 1000 (I assume that I don't have to tell you how to do that).

Format those numbers with leading zeros such that they are 4 digits wide.

Use the text functions to build the =WINROS... quote and then do a copy/ paste value on those cells.
      Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Comment

I am not familiar with the TEXT function.
        Can you show clearly the statement.
        Thanks.

Wallace

Comment

Originally posted by wallchan
          I am not familiar with the TEXT function.
          Can you show clearly the statement.
          Thanks.

Wallace

The ampersand (&) is used to concatenate pieces of text together and build strings in Excel.

If you click on the Fn (function wizard) button in Excel it should take your through the building of what you need step by step.

This wizard/dialog also shows you the parameters and gives hints for what to enter and the help is excellent if you press F1.
          Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Comment

Working...
          X