publishing subsequent calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing subsequent calculations

This isn't strictly an API question but I thought that someone might be able to point me in the right direction:

I have real-time data (via eSignal) coming into the application and I then perform calculations on that data. Now I want to put those figures onto a web page that is constantly updating.

Any ideas what sort of technology I should be using to publish this? And if so where should/can I read up more about this?

Does anybody have a URL example of someone that already does something like this?

Thanks
    Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Are you planning to publish these derived real-time data elements to the Web?

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal Robi
      Are you planning to publish these derived real-time data elements to the Web?
      I'm still designing that part of the system so I'm currently collecting information about the 2 options.

I feel that by providing the calculated elements on a web page that updates in real time it removes the neccesity for a person viewing it to download and install software and all the versioning and headaches that come with that.

So yes, is the short answer.

Comment

You are contractually restricted from posting real-time data on any website without expressed agreements by both eSignal and the exchanges. The client-side software is required for our vendor of record services to the exchanges. If you are interested in redistributing data on a website, please fill out this form and a representative will contact you shortly.

Comment

Hi Robi,

Thanks for your reply. I've just sent you an email with further information in response to your email.

This may be of interest to other people so I thought I would ask this question here:

If I perform a calculation (say a special type of RSI) on a symbol that is updating in real time and display that (the RSI figure) on a web site (also updating in real time), is that in breach of contract?

I can understand how displaying the raw price of a symbol in real time would clearly be against the rules.

Comment

I'm glad you asked and it's good to get this message out:

ANY value calculated from real-time data cannot be distributed via a client-server application, website or via any other mass media service without proper agreements. Brokerages, for example cannot show someone's P/L or current portofolio value without proper user reporting, since it would require current price. So, yes your real-time RSI calculation would be breaching your contract.

Thank you for asking and I hope I have clarified the terms and conditions we are obligated to uphold.

Comment

Working...
            X