VB .Net - Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB .Net - Anyone?

Microsoft says that VB.Net can wrap legacy ActiveX components but online forums indicate that it doesn't always work smoothly. Have any of you attempted to use the eSignal API in VB.Net?

I use VB.NET without any significant difficulty. I have chronic performance problems with high CPU usage by WINSIG.EXE. I request and receive data for a specific stock symbol and stock option using RequestSymbol, GetBasicQuote, XMLGetBasicQuote, and XMLGetFundamentalData. Typically I get the response within 1 second (3.8 Ghz CPU, 2GB RAM, 3MB datalink). However, my PC continues to show 90+ % CPU consumption in WINSIG.EXE for up to 8 seconds following the intital successful request/response that I initiated. This occurs consistently during the trading day and to a lesser extent in the evening. I have run traces to verify that the high cpu consumption occurs follwing my processing of the data in the event handler.

Comment

The Desktop API works on the .NET platform without any coding changes necessary.

Comment

Thank you for the imput. Looks like some other folks are using .Net as well so I will jump on the .Net band wagon for this new application rather than use the old VB 6.

I hope to suck down many (perhaps a thousand) quote streams via OnQuoteChanged, unless someone suggests a more efficient process. eSignal Robi has accomplished this type of throughput but I don't know what process he used.

Regards,
        Cone Killer

Comment

Again, you will run into limitations if you are attempting to stream over 400 symbols with the API. You could possibly retrieve 5 minute bars for a thousand or so symbols, but not streaming data. Your limit will be on the number of symbols you can monitor through your account permissions.

Comment

Working...
          X