Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginners question about API-samples

Hello,

I'm going to program an interface to the eSignal stream using the ActiveX control. (Let me just say that I have long experience of coding exchange/datastream interfaces, I'm not a beginner per se)

I started by loading the samples, but I have troubles with them. They run, but give me no data. The eSignal Desktop API Sample for example. The symbols I use are the EUR/USD Futures on Globex, ie "6E H5". They work fine in the eSignal main app, but not in this sample. I have also tried the VB sample with similar lack of success. I have debugged them, but see no obvious problems.

I'm sure there is some stupid detail I've missed, but what???

Thanks for any help

Peter

Have you added ActiveX for Development to your account?

Have you placed your username in the SetApplication() function?

Comment

Have you added ActiveX for Development to your account?

DOH # 1

Have you placed your username in the SetApplication() function?

DOH #2

I said it was simple! Let me give you a suggestion: Write this info with CAPITALS first in the docs. The rest is easy to grasp, once you get over this hurdle.

Also, since it works coding with C#, why dont you add a few short notes about it in the docs? Thankfully, I found a comment about it here, otherwise it would have costed me a couple of days to solve it.

Anyway, thanks!

Comment

It is stated on page 2-1, in the second paragraph.

Well, C# (.NET) became available after the Reference Guide was created. I will make sure to add it in the next revision.

Comment

Working...
        X