Need help ,please ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help ,please ?

1. What’s big difference between Professional API and Desktop API?

Is Getting Symbols information from Desktop API slower or in another frequency ?

2. I am actually interested in trading Refco platform thru API , does Desktop or Professional API support this ?

This KB article describes our different API's available. I'm unsure about the Refco question, so I'll leave that to others that are more familiar with that portion of our product.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

The Standard and Control APIs are only available to our professional customers. The interface for the Desktop is different and in fact much easier to use.

You may be interested in the integrated trading feature that we have with Refco. You can find out more here. We are also currently working with Refco to include new functionality in 7.9.

Comment

Thanks Robi and Jay

Thanks a lot!

But does Desktop API reliable like proffecional API ( speed,stability,information ... ) ?

Sorry for my annoing questions ,I am just a programmer that dosn't understand much in trading ,but my client understand too much

Comment

For certain situations, the Desktop API works perfectly fine. It is like a Honda Civic, whereas the other APIs are like Ferraris, both can take you across the country but not at the same price.

If your client is a professional investor and is interested in our other APIs, he can fill out this form and a representative will contact him.

Comment

Hi Robi ,How R U ?

I have some entitlement problem - I just can't entitle my application and example application that I found here in forum too !

My client gave me his username of eSignal , he subscribed on desktop API for 100% . Is there another username for Desktop API ? What I Do Wrong ?

Thanks ! Vitaliy .

Comment

If your client is using his account at the time that you are attempting to use it, you will not be able to. You cannot use the same username concurrently.

If you send me the username, I can verify that it is properly entitled. You may need to re-reference the control in your IDE.

Comment

Can I send you by email ? I don't want to publish it in public forum . My email : [email protected]

Thanks

Comment

You can send it to [email protected]. Remember, the username requires a password, which is why I asked for it on a public forum.

Comment

Hi Robi , I tried "microsoft" way to solve my problem ( reinstall eSignal ) and it works !

Thank U

Another question is what the difference between :

eSignalReciver.RequestSymbol( symbol,FALSE ) ;

and

eSignalReciver.RequestSymbol( symbol,TRUE ) ;

I haven't seen any difference in way it works ( because I am have not experience in trading )

Thanks .

Comment

TRUE returns data on each tick update. FALSE is a one-time snapshot of data.

Comment

Working...
                      X