No announcement yet.

Follow up on crash reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JimBecker and JimCole, can you guys try Beta 3 (in a recent thread by Dion)? I know both of you guys are good developers and use the API the way it should. I'd like to hear what you guys think. George, I wouldn't mind your feedback too.

Comment

I've run a few of my apps under beta 3 and have had no problems so far. I'll let you know if any issues arrise.

Cheers... George

Comment

I'll be happy to give it a try. Does this release include the promised feature to be able to configure which port eSignal uses? See this thread for details: http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....hlight=port+80

Comment

I am still crashing on shutdown sometimes. It doesn't happen everytime.

Cheers... George

Comment

GenSpoo. can you send me your app? In what order do you close things down, app first, then winsig, or winsig first, then app?

Thanks.

Comment

I kill my app first and then winsig (though I occassionaly do it the other way around "by accident"). I'm having trouble crashing now, but if I can make it happen again I'll try and get you something to run.

Cheers... George

Comment

To update anyone reading this thread, yesterday obtained the beta release and so far have not had the 0x014 problem.

Dion explained it was ReleaseHistory() or ReleaseTimeSales() being called in the message handler which caused the problem, which is what I was doing and probably also Jim Cole. Think it is the prescribed way in the test programs.

So my fingers are tightly crossed that this is it. Has been a bugger for sure, and my words have not been too kind....

I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE THE QUICK RESPONSE of Dion to address and track down this problem prior to beta.

Best of fortune getting the beta out and thanks again.

-Jim

Comment

Final update - have been running Beta 3 since 4/7 and have not had the 0x014 problem! YEAH! So not seeing the crashing problem anymore.

Thanks again to Dion for tracking this down and fixing it.

-Jim

Comment

Good to hear Jim, thanks for the sample app, those make it infinitely faster to track down errors =).

Comment

Working...
                    X