Crash / Set eSignal = Nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash / Set eSignal = Nothing

Can someone give me an idea what is happening with the following?

At the end of my application I have the following statement:
    Set eSignal = Nothing

When this statement is executed, the eSignal 7.8 application disappears and I get a dialogue with the title "Crash Information v1.1". (The data manager stays alive.)

When I click on the "send crash report" button, I get:
    Received: 2840 3340 1233644 1233672
    Generating crash report ...
    Failed to save dump file to 'D:\DOCUME~1\ohmanca\LOCALS~1\Temp\sig191.tmp' (error 3100744)

The crash information dialogue cannot be terminated - even with task manager.

At the start of my app I have these statements:
    Dim WithEvents eSignal As IESignal.Hooks
    Set eSignal = New IESignal.Hooks
    So I believe the eSignal application object has been instantiated.

Any comments would be appreciated...
    Sam

There's a bug in eSignal 7.8 which unfortunately was discovered the morning of the release so we could not patch it up in time.

eSignal will crash after you close it down if an ActiveX session was active at some point.

I believe this might be related to that.

Comment

Revert to 7.7?

Based on your statement, it would seem adviseable to revert to eSignal version 7.7. Would you agree?

Is the next release after 7.8 far off?

Sam

Comment

The crash itself does no harm, as it was already in a shutting down phase. You probably don't need to set esignal = null. (but if you do, and don't want it crashing, 7.7 is a good revert).

7.9 Alpha/2 has been posted (see the EFS 2 forum for details). This will fix your problem.

However, this is an early alpha release, meant for testing EFS2 features.

The Beta for 7.9 will be coming out at the beginning of March.

Comment

Working...
        X