Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create Backtesting System Using eSignal Indicators and Static Data more Than 1 year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Backtesting System Using eSignal Indicators and Static Data more Than 1 year

Hi!

I'm not sure that I' in the right section in this forum.
    If not please let me know.

I've been using eSignal for more than two years and I can see that indicator values are pretty close to different broker indicators i.e. FXCM, OANDA, DUKASCOPY. I have logic in eSignal that I run every day. The problem I have is that I cannot do backtesting more than 3 months of data. I know that eSignal is testing 1 year of data for backtesting. Maybe the end of this year. Who knows?

What I'm looking is to be able to create logic using eSignal indicators and read data from TXT or SCV file (not real data). In this case I could do backtesting any number of years instead of 1 year or 3 months.

All I need:
    - eSignal indicators in DLL or VB.Net Classes that I can call or use as object.
    - module to read data, move next, previous, get index position etc. Another word data management
    - Static data from eSignal for x number of years (30minute interval)
    - I'm coding in VB.Net with my logic.

1- Does eSignal provide this service?
    2- If not who provide that service?
    3- How about eSignal API? Can I use it?

Thank you.
    Samphois

Let me see if I can answer some of these questions.

eSignal carries 120 days of intraday data on our tick servers and over 10 years of EOD data on our history servers. You can use the Desktop API to access such data on either server.

We do not sell TXT or SCV files.

Comment

System Using eSignal Indicators and Static Data more Than 1 year

Thank Robi.

So I basically can use eSignal API exactly what I want to do.

Now the question:
      1- Where do I get or purchase the API?
      2- Where can I get more information on this API?

Thank you.
      Samphois

Comment

You can find more information here. Call our inside sales number to add it to your account:

1-800-815-8256

Comment

Working...
        X