Last Print Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Print Problem

I am trying to do some programming work on the Esignal Desktop API for some time. When I examined it I saw that there is no “last time” in the basic quote request structure. My problem is that in this system I got no chance to know if there is a new print for a commodity when the new print's last price and volume exactly matches the old one. As a solution I decide to use the RequestTimeSales method but its structure does not allow me to get all the last print updates with one call, instead I have to create a window handle for every single contract I get into my system. Actually I had no problem with this method if only it works, but I saw that especially in the rallying market condition when there are lots of price updates in one second, I lose the window handles and the last print updates stop coming in the right way. Moreover when it happens I also lose the basic quote responses and I had to restart the application that connects to the API to solve this.

What is your guess and (if possible) suggestion for this problem I have?

Yes, there will need to be a different handle for each symbol. That is the design of the API.

How many symbols are you viewing? Most commodities do not trade as frequently as the eMini's for example, so you should not lose window handles. What do you mean "you lose" them?

Comment

Actually, the TimeAndSales event continues to be triggered but when i call the functions get_GetNumTimeSalesRtBars and get_GetNumTimeSalesBars with the handle i receive as a parameter to the event, i receive exceptions. It starts suddenly in the rallying market conditions and just before and during this problem, the cpu usage of the winsig.exe process increases enormously. I examined the Multiple History Request example in the file sharing environment of eSignal but didnt recognized any difference from what i do. Any guesses?

Comment

You should be looking at "Time & Sales in VB" or "Ts Sample" to see if you are doing the same thing as in those apps. Does your machine have enough RAM and is your processor strong?

Comment

My code is in c# but i will check those sample codes. The problem is not about the resources of the machine i use, i guess. The machine has double XEON 3.2 processors and 2 GB of RAM. It is not used for other purposes most of the time. Why do you think these get_GetNumTimeSalesRtBars and get_GetNumTimeSalesBars functions throw exception?

Comment

My problem is exactly the same as in this old thread i found today. Developers told that the bug will be fixed but I didn't recognize any update on this issue. Is it fixed or?

Comment

Have you tried using version 7.9 Beta? There are few links to it within this folder.

Comment

The problem is when i call get_RequestTimeSales function with the new BETA release, it just throws a meaningless exception : "The server threw an exception". I could reach no document about what is the new way to call this function. And another question : Is the case i describe, a bug of version 7.8? Because both my case and the other one i gave reference for in your forum, is replied with a proposal to use or wait for a new version of the API product.

Comment

You may be experiencing a problem with an innate issue of the API, since it is COM. Please send me the source so I can examine the code and recreate the problem internally, especially if you are finding something with 7.9 Beta.

Comment

Working...
                  X