Requesting History by ticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting History by ticks

What would be the syntax to request history on EUR AO-FX for the past 10 days tick by tick?

lHistoryHandle = esignal.RequestHistory("EUR AO-FX", ...?)

If not tick by tick, 1 second bars? I'm looking for bid, ask, and a time stamp.

I'm messing something up when I try to run the demo. I'm putting in EUR AO-FX for Current Symbol in eSignal, Quote Symbol, and Change Symbol in eSignal, and History Symbol. I've tried all sorts of numbers for history interval. I've selected Bars, and Days. I've checked IsEntitled. No matter what I do, it just sits there and:

If esignal.IsHistoryReady(lHistoryHandle) = True Then
    FillHistory
    End If

It is NEVER true. So... can someone spell it out for me? If I can't even get the sample program to retrieve anything...

PlanetBoss
    Can't be of help with the syntax however you may be requesting the wrong symbol. The symbol should be EUR A0-FX where 0 is a zero and not the letter o
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

Thanks

Thank you. That was part of the problem. Still having troubles with the interval.

Comment

If you want bid, ask and a timestamp, you should be using RequestTimeAndSales(), not RequestHistory(). You want Time and Sale (actually just Quote) data.

Comment

Thank You!

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X