Is API independent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is API independent

I am using program eSignal 7.8 for looking stocks data in real time. Now, I wish to develop new trade program on new computer and take data with eSignal API.
    Question: Can I use eSignal API on computer for development trade program in C++, without using program eSignal 7.8 in the same time. I wish to test my program only via internet API interface. Can I do this?

Thank. Kind regards.
    F.Munih
    Florjan Munih

The Desktop API requires the main eSignal application to be running. There is a commercial API from eSignal that does not require this, but it is considerably more expensive and is not as freely available as the Desktop API as it is targeted at businesses.

Cheers... George

Comment

API Independence

Does this mean that there is a free API available and the one that you can purchase is more extensive? Or are there two APIs available for purchase. Finally, where is the best place to get info on the purchased API?

Thanks in Advance,

Barry

Comment

There is not a free API. There is only one API that can be purchased for retail use. It is the Desktop API, which is $195 one-time plus $20/mth and is supported through this forum. More information can be found here.

Comment

Working...
        X