Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IsValidSymbol stopped working

Greetings,

At some point of time IsValidSymbol(symbol) started returning false in all cases. Even though I can work on that symbol in eSignal application itself with no problems.

After setting an application string to IESignal.Hooks, IsEntitled returned 1, so everything is good here.

I use eSignal 7.8 (Build 688).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Were you over your symbol limit at the time it started returning false for everything? I don't know how that call actually works internally, but I wonder if it has the system make a request of some kind, which I suppose could get denied if you were over your limit.

Cheers... George

Comment

I just got a call from our client saying that he cannot get data using eSignal integration in our application.

I ran the application from my own PC to see what's going on and I couldn't get passed IsValidSymbol. In our company we have eSignal account only because we purchased an application string and we don't use eSignal feeds, so I couldn't possibly hit a limit. There is a limit on account (user name) not an application string, right?

Regards.

Comment

I just tested it on my machine and what I found is that IsValidSymbol requires an upper case symbol. That is it says IBM is valid, but that ibm is not valid. Give that a try and see if it helps.

Cheers... George

Comment

Thank you, it works now. I'm pretty sure it worked with low case letters before, is it correct?

Regards.

Comment

I'm not sure if it worked with lower case before, or if it did, why it doesn't now. Maybe Robi or Dion know the answer.

Cheers... George

Comment

I can't recall. Just use capital letters or add a UCASE() function to it.

Comment

Working...
              X