Multiple Requst Limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Requst Limit?

I'm trying to do a request for 100 1minute/1day RequestHistories. What I'm usually getting is about 30-50 of them returning data. The rest of them seem to be forgotten and never get any data back. Am I calling too many requests at once? Am I running into a limit somewhere?

After first requesting all the histories, Esignal starts calling all the OnBarsChanged/Updated. I then retrieve all the data for each symbol marked as changed. After a few minutes, about 30-50 of the requests have now been filled. Then all the the sudden, everything quiets down and I start to only get occasional OnBarChanged calls for the 30-50 symbols that succeeded in getting data. The rest of the symbols seem to be forgotten by Esignal.

I've read on one of the posts here that someone said that it may take 5 minutes to 5 hours to fill some requests? Am I just not waiting long enough for the data to come back?

I have plenty of disk space, I'm getting valid handles back for each request, I exited and started a fresh winsig and winros, no crashes or anything, CPU's not stressed, so I'm not sure why it drops the other symbols.

I think I solved it. I put a delay between each RequestHistory call. Apparently, it can't handle too many requests at the same time.

Comment

You're on the right track: I have the same problem, and implemented the same solution.

Comment

I think it has to do with how Windows handling COM request - I am not sure if there is much we can do about it.

Comment

Working...
        X