No announcement yet.

winsig.tlb type library missing some methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I first of all, I don't think we falsely promoted anything, as you mentioned you were able to obtain some types of data, but not able to use ALL available functions. Also, the line states that we support any Windows programming language, not IDE. The product functions properly with Visual Studio's C++, but there very well may be issues with other vendors' IDEs. As Dion mentioned, it is written in Microsoft's IDEs, so the product is best used in those environments.

Again, I see this as an issue with the compatibility of those products with COM, not necessarily a problem with the Desktop API. Nonetheless, if you can research exactly what is required for things to work, we'd be glad to assist, but it is economically unreasonable for eSignal to verify that the API works with ALL possible development environments that exist in the marketplace.

I looked at the product description of LabWindows and it describes multi-threaded ActiveX client-server applications, which may be too intense for the Desktop API. I just want to warn you that the Desktop API has innate limitations in Windows because it does out-of-process calls, so it should NOT be used for streaming intensive applications.

And finally, yes, I know for certain developers have used both Delphi and Java.

Comment

Working...
    X