Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0x80010100 w/r XMLGetBasicQuote

Greetings,

There was a burst of activity on 6/14/2005 @ 12:45p w/ at least YM on eCBOT. XMLGetBasicQuote seems to have crashed the COM object. I've seen other posts at least touching on this issue - I'm not requesting receiving data on too many symbols (5 at the time). What are the limits? Does the XML feed (separate subscription I know) perform better?

Is there any code to auto-reload the API once it's crashed? I experimented with some possibilities a few months ago but could not get them to work.

Are there limits to the number of RequestHistory calls one can make through the API? I realize certain accounts have symbol limits but I'm refering to limitations other than those - it, the API failing at 50 symbols or thereabouts.

Thanks in advance.

Jason
    a.b.

You really just need to restart eSignal and re-establish the API to your connection.

There are limits on streaming data because of how the API works, but should not be any with historical calls.

If you have any reproduceable situations of the API crashing, we'd like to attempt to resolve it.

Comment

Hello,

Yeah, I'm aware I can restart the app. and the API - I was just hoping for a solution I could automate more easily.

As for limits on streaming data, does this include the data that streams for RequestHistory calls?

Does the XML feed (separate subscription I know) perform better? At some point, I could have roughly 500 historical data requests flowing; perhaps more depending on the development of my business. Would the XML be a better option in the near term?

As for 'reproduceable situations of the API crashing' - yeah, I'll keep ya posted - it's been fairly (at least for historical data) stable.

Thanks for your help.

Jason
      a.b.

Comment

Limits on RequestHistory are based on the interval that you request them. Those are not really streams, but request/response communications.

The XML Engine is a different product all together - a server based application. If you are interested in that product, please fill out this form and a regional sales manager will contact you.

Comment

Greetings,

"Limits on RequestHistory are based on the interval that you request them."

So for 1 minute bars and up (larger bars only - nothing in seconds), could I assume that 500 charts (RequestHistory calls) on varying symbols wouldn't be a threat to performance at least in terms of the application crashing (our machines and network are superlative in nature).

"The XML Engine is a different product all together - a server based application"

Yes, I know. I'll follow the link you posted but I'm curious from your perspective based on other customers using the XML feed, does it perform better/well with streaming data and historical requests?

As usual, thanks much for your help.

Jason
          a.b.

Comment

For 1 minute bars, it may take some time for all of the bars to return for all of the symbols. If you are patient, it will work, but you are asking for a large amount of data.

The XML Engine relies on a completely different architecture in the way it interfaces with our data farm. It's more robust, easier to develop against and has been getting rave reviews from the initial users, however it does comes with a heftier price tag.

As far as the help - no problem

Comment

Working...
            X