Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get_RequestHistory - General Question

get_RequestHistory("LU", "15", IESignal.barType.btBARS, 100, -1, -1);

1. What is the maximum number of bars that get_RequestHistory method is retrieved?
    2. Does the last bar in the list contains the current price or the price in the last 15 minutes?

There isn't really a maximum number of bars RequestHistory can return. The max is really more related to how far back in time the server stores the data you need. I believe for intraday bars it is six months (hope I am remebering that correctly).

The Close member of the last (i.e. most recent) bar contains the current price. Given your example of 15 minute bars, the Open member of the bar contains the price at the start of the 15 minute period for that bar (which could be anywhere from 0 to almost 15 minutes ago if you are looking that the most recent bar).

Cheers... George

Comment

If I understand correctly. The last member in the list bar contains the following structure:

Open - the open price in the last X minutes (when X is greater that 0 lower than 15).
      High - the highest price in the last X minutes.
      Low - the lowest price in the last X minutes
      Close - current price

BTW, does the get_RequestHistory method support the Forex market? if so, what is the maximum bars?

Can I invoke the get_RequestHistory method every 1 second, or there is any restriction?

Does the Desktop API contain any technical Indicators methods?

Comment

That is correct.

Yes you can load Forex bars, but I am not aware of how much data the servers hold for Forex. You could load the symbol in the main eSignal application and then scroll back as far as you can and see when it stops returning data. The limit in the API is the same as the limit in the main app.

You don't need to call GetHistory multiple times for the same symbol/time period. Whenever the current bar changes, as long as you haven't release the history handle, the API will call OnBarsChanged (or OnBarsRecieved for a new bar).

There are no technical indicators built into the API.

Cheers... George

Comment

There are 120 days of intraday equity available, and I want to say only 30 days of intraday FOREX data.

If you call RequestHistory too many times, it will actually hurt your performance. GenSpoo's recommendation of using OnBarsRecieved is a good one.

Comment

Working...
          X