vb6 reference to tlb changes to exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb6 reference to tlb changes to exe

I did send an e-mail to [email protected] about this problem I'm having, but that was two days ago, and I haven't received a reply, so I thought I would try here.

In vb6, I set a reference to the winsig.tlb type library, but whenever eSignal runs, it changes the reference to the winsig.exe executable. I have to run a type library registration utility to change it back to the tlb, but as soon as eSignal runs, it goes back to the exe.
    Consequently, everytime I run the program I'm developing, to check the latest addition of code, another instance of eSignal starts up, which finds the prior instance, gives the message that only one instance of eSignal can be run, shuts down the prior instance, and starts a new instance.
    I'm not sure if it's relevant, but the GUID is the same for the tlb and the exe.
    I would appreciate any assistance in resolving this problem.

Do you have two different copies of eSignal installed? Have you tried completely uninstalling eSignal and then reinstalling it?

Cheers... George

Comment

No, there is only one copy of eSignal installed.
      Yes, I have repeatedly and completely uninstalled and re-installed eSignal. As soon as eSignal runs, whether started as a standalone, or instanced from within my program, the reference is changed back to the exe.

Comment

Have you tried setting your reference to the exe itself? I haven't worked in VB6 much lately, but the TLB has been included in the exe resources for a while now (since 7.4 or so), so you ought to be able to import/reference the exe itself.

Cheers,

Simon.
        Simon Thornington
        eSignal Developer

Comment

Working...
        X