OnBarsRecieved / OnBarsChanged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnBarsRecieved / OnBarsChanged

I am having a few issues with OnBarsReceived / OnBarsChanged. The problem is that I request something similar to :
    RequestHistory("ES #F", btDAYS, "100V", 1, -1, -1)

For 90% of the bars I receive I it has 100 contracts per bar. But the other times I get a volume less than 100 .... anywhere from 1 to 99.

I am handling the OnBarsChanged event as an update, almost line for line as the example in the documentation shows. So if I received a bar of 50V, and then receive the OnBarsChanged event, I update that bar ... I do not create a new bar.

It appears that I am getting a OnBarsReceived event (new bar) before the OnBarsChanged event has completed the 100V existing bar.

Any ideas? If I run the program after market hours it is perfect because no OnBarsChanged events are fired.

Thanks

Any chance that the trade size of the next trade was significantly large enough to cause the need for a new bar without being able to fill the previous one to 100? If you reload the chart later, does it change?

Cheers... George

Comment

I will take a look at that but I just assumed that when I requested 40 contracts per bar it would never send a new bar until I received the full 40 bars for the current bar.

I have come up with a workaround although it uses a lot more bandwidth. I ask for every trade "1T" and calculate the 40 bars (or whatever number I am using that day) in my application. Works like a charm but does use more bandwidth.

Comment

Working...
      X