• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get all nasdaq stock quotes

hello,

a question:

if i want to download the hourly data of all nasdaq/nyse stocks
    quotes - does anyone know how can that be done?

how can one get all of the symbols?

thanks in advance,

johnny.:

With the Desktop API, you would need to request each symbol individually. If you want to do this in realtime with the market, the Desktop API is probably not for you as it probably would not handle that volume. You might be able to run an app after hours to cycle through all stocks to gather historical data if that is what you need. ESignal has a commercial API that would most likely be up to the task, but it is for bussiness entities only as far as I know.

Cheers... George

Comment

I'm almost doing the same thing. At the End of day I'm running a batch program that goes through a list of stocks and gets the closing information on them.

I'm finding that the desktop app can't keep up with even a light volume of 20 requests at a time. I have a lot of problems with the desktop app not being able to keep up with many other requests as well. I'm trying to lower the load and see if it works.

I was considering using the commercial version for this. How do I find out more about pricing and availability?

As for the original posters stock symbols request, I found it hard to get an up to date list too. eSignal has a list that is retardedly out of date on its site but unfortunately that is the best one out there.

I went through and copied it to a database and filtered out the ones esignal.issymbolvalid said weren't. I exported it for you and put it up on my site. The first column is my symbolid, you can ignore that.

Again, it omits a ton of symbols. I think its over 3 years old. If you find a more updated list please let me know.

Comment

I found it!

After posting my previous reply I thought I would give finding the list of public companies another shot.

I hit the jackpot. At the bottom of the screen of this link you'll find the list of all 3 major exchanges and minor details about the companies available for download!

Enjoy

Comment

Working...
        X