Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop API vs Standard API

Good morning folks

I am about to port an application to e-signal data feed. Our e-signal sales rep guided us to purchase and subscribe to the DeskTop API. But as I am reading, preparing and investigating the forums in here I am developping an acute sense I don't have the right API.

The application I am considering must able to monitor in real time up to between 500 and 1000 tickers. Some will be monitored on multiple time frame, but I have impose on the product manager that each time frames be considered a separate chart, from a load point of view. So when I say 500 tickers I should say 500 charts. That is if he wants to monitor 2 time frames per tickers he can only have 250 ticker with two timeframes each. The application is already up and running and tested on other platforms and it works fine. My concern here has to do with e-signal feed interfacing.

I found some posts that points out that the desktop API as some serious limitation when it comes to handling a R/T list of that size.

I have used in the past other software that can do such a volume with e-signal but I am not sure what was used to interface these software with e-signal datafeed.

Will the DeskTop API be able to handle such a load or should I suggest right away we move on to the Stardard API. Obviously I'd like to make sure before I go too deep into interfacing with the DeskTop API.

Thanks for your input
    Claude

It sounds to me like the Standard API is indeed what you need.

Cheers... George

Comment

Working...
    X