placing orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• placing orders?

I've had esignal for a couple of months now and I'm at the stage where i need to place forex orders.

has anyone tried to do this? Is it even possible?

I tried going thru the forum and came across one link which wouldn't open up for me.

my main questions would be

1. is it possible with the activeX API to develop an application that will open/close adjust limits/stops on orders automatically using integrated broker (FXCM?)
    2. I read in the reference doc that the activeX is unidirectional.. does this mean that I will not know if my order has been placed? could someone please elaborate
    3. If someone has attempted something similiar, which broker did you use? Do you have to setup a special account with the broker?

thanks.

P.S.

this is the link that doesn't open for me: http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...=&threadid=437

found in this post: http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...&threadid=7325

can someone please answer this for me?

I tried esignal help and they asked me to send an email which I did; but still waiting for reply.

if its not possible and I've wasted my money on esignal, please someone let me know!

Comment

1) There is nothing inherent in the API that provides this kind of adjustment. You would need to code for this functionality using the data returned from eSignal as your conditional.

2) "Unidirectional" does not mean that you will not know if your order has been placed, however, your application will need to process the OnPlaceOrder event and corresponding OrderItem data structure to get this information.

3) eSignal does not currently have sample application that includes this functionality.

And finally, the link you provided (which is working for me...were you logged in at the time?) relates to our EFS scripting language, and would not apply to the Desktop API.

Thanks,
      Starr
      eSignal Developer Support

Comment

Working...
      X