Sydney Futures Exchange API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney Futures Exchange API

I am based in Australia and use the eSignal API via a 3rd party product called OwnData (www.tssupport.com)

It works beautifully - EXCEPT on Mondays AUSTRALIAN TIME (Sunday evening US EST time)! For some reason the API feed for the Sydney Futures Exchange is not available at that time. (Please note however that the eSignal charting application does show real time SFE data on Australian time
    Mondays.)

Can you please let me know if the feed is enabled and active for the Sydney Futures Exchange on Australian time Monday (Sunday evening US EST). If it is not can it please be rectified asap.

Thank You.

Hello Angus,

First, let me apologize for the delay in getting to you. The Developer Support group is under going changes that will provide better response time, but in the interim there may be some delays.

In addition, the Forums are intended as a method for customers to interact and provide each other with information and tips that they have found useful. eSignal personnel do scan the forums and do post responses, but these posts are not guaranteed by a specific time.

If you are developing an application that uses the eSignal Desktop API, I invite you to submit your inquiries to [email protected]. Inquiries submitted by developers to this address are responded to within 48 hours. A resolution may take longer, but an ongoing interaction with eSignal will commence within that time frame.

I am not familliar with the OwnData application, but what I understand from your post is that the eSignal application continues to work properly on Monday's while the OwnData application does not. Since the OwnData application uses the eSignal Desktop API (and therefore gets its data from the eSignal application itself), it appears that the problem is a logical error within the OwnData code.

I cannot say specifically what that error may be, but that's where the problem appears to be at this point. If you would like to provide a copy of this application to us, we can perform a test here next Monday (Syndney Monday).

Sincerely,

- Todd -
    Todd Gafford | Developer Support and API Product Manager | Interactive Data Desktop Solutions
    3955 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545

Comment

thanks todd. little painful for the wait but thats ok. also fyi the esignal tech support told me to post here.

im not a developer just a user of the application. i cant give u the app to try out since its security locked by individual PC. address is www.tssupport.com for the product.

am i right in assuming that if the esignals charting application works ok and displays price data, that the API should be ok ?

in the mean time i will look into the OwnData app and see if it is in fact that product causing the problem.

thanks
      angus

Comment

Angus,

Yes, if the eSignal application is working, then your third party application should as well, assuming there are no errors in their code. I'd recommend contacting OwnData, if eSignal is running properly.

Starr
        eSignal Developer Support

Comment

Working...
        X