No Events Being Received.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Events Being Received.

I have been trying to add the esignal events to my application and no matter what I do, I never seem to have any events occurring.

I have even downloaded the VBTimesSales sample application and tried it, I left it for over an hour and the message never changed from "Request Sent". The same type of problem is present when i use the Multiple History Sample. Once the request is sent, there is never a response.

I have tried programming waits into my code, using a sleep function but it doesn't seem to work all that well. It is odd because when I run my code in debug, the IsHistoryReady is always false but I will get bars back, but when I run the program normally, it will fail the first time (no data is returned) and the second time (and all times after that) it will run fine.

Any help you can provide would be great. Thanks!

no Events being received

I have same problem.
    I maged to connect and simple methods of eSiganl object are works, such as :
    isEntitled, doSymbolLink etc.
    However the onSymbolChnaged Evnt handler never triggerd then I change the symbols manually or doSymbolLink method executed.

I am writing in c++, the method named signature as in provided example :
    virtual void ES_OnSymbolChanged(BSTR s);
    Is there problem in syntax or somthing more complicated behind this

Comment

C++ Development

Setting up the development environment for a C++ project requires additional steps. Use the following guidelines when setting up a Microsoft Visual C++ project to use the eSignal Desktop API:

1. When starting a project you must specify the project to use automation, or you must add the appropriate automation information to the stdafx.h file.

2. Use the ClassWizard to create a new class (.cpp and .h) from the eSignal Desktop API type library (winsig.tlb).

3. Compile the application to force the generation of the winsig.tlh and winsig.tli files.

You can visit http://share.esignal.com and register an account.
      After login, you can search for the Active X Development Group and there you will find documentations and sample applications.

Refer to the sample applications for examples of how to instantiate the eSignal Desktop API object and how to implement event listeners and handlers.

Anthony
      eSignal Developer Support

Comment

Enable Automation for Win32 console application

Hi!
        I have looked at the developer refernece guide , and at the provided example. There are no specific explanation on how to enable the automation for the c++ Win32 console application.
        The provided example is for MFC application only.
        Can you please sent me a sample a direction on how enable automation for c++ win32 console application

Comment

Hi !
          Thanks for a quick response. I did define hendlers , for example :
          SCODE OnPlaceOrder(BSTR sTradeXML );

SCODE OnSymbolChanged(BSTR sSymbol );

However, they are not being trigerred while symbols chnaged or orders sent.
          Can you please give the concrete instruction on how should I modifying StdAfx.cpp and StdAfx.h in order to enable the automation in my programm

Comment

Working...
          X