First timesales: No OnTimeSalesChanged event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First timesales: No OnTimeSalesChanged event

I have a program that was working fine up until last night.

At 5 minutes past midnight, it downloads all the timesales information for the previous day of a specific symbol.

Now, it seems to hang and never get an OnTimeSalesChanged event.

I have noticed also that a TimeSales window in the eSignal application itself hangs on the first try and I need to click either 'Go' or the 'Req Sent...' status indicator twice before I get my data. I don't have a problem with that in the eSignal application but the API desktop program is an automatic program that should finish without hanging.

I added a dummy timesales request at the beginning of the program and that seemed to solve some of the occurrences but it still happens.

My workaround for the moment is to have a timesales window in the esignal application receiving data while my program is running.

The program without the workaround used to work fine up until last night.

Last night was the first night I added a new symbol to download; however, that process is innocuous, as the program simply looks up, in a database, the symbols to download and then downloads one after another.

What's strange is that it works fine when a TimeSales window is open and receiving data in the esignal application.

Thinking that maybe it's my API program that's doing it, I rebooted the machine and tried the TimeSales window in the esignal application right away, and the problem was still there.

I opened this thread in the API Desktop forum since I discovered the problem via the API and I'm not absolutely sure it has nothing to do with the API.

What is going on?

Michael
    Last edited by mikev777; 01-20-2006, 04:49 AM.

The situation seems to have mysteriously returned to normal in both the Desktop API and the eSignal application.

Michael

Comment

Working...
    X