Frezzing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frezzing up

The activex control seems to be working most of the time, but there are times when I select a new symbol, to receive updated real time quotes, esignal and my VB app just freeze up on me...if I just shut down esignal and the data manager and then start it up again then run my app it instantly freezes. the only thing that fixes it is if I completly reboot my pc.

I am just getting real time real time price updates using requestSymbol. I am releasing the symbol each time I either close the application or I change symbols. Also I am just using getBasicQuote in my onQuoteChanged handler...

Please let me know what else I am missing or what else I need to fix this because as of right now this is pretty unusable...

Thanks,
    Eric
    Last edited by nissane; 01-30-2006, 06:26 PM.

follow up

ok...after a little more investigating...it appears that after I freeze up...even if I close esignal and the data manager...the winsig.exe process still stays open. I have to kill this process to be able to run my application again...what does this help in diagnosing my problem?

thanks in advance...

Comment

another way

Ok so now I am closing my esignal connection (esignal=nothing) as well as releasing all symbols...and then I reconnect to esignal and request quotes again when the symbol changes. that seems to have fixed it...but is that what I am supposed to do?

-Eric

Comment

Upon program exits, it is good practice to release all symbols, history, time sales (if used) first and then free up the eSignal object.

Anthony
        eSignal Developer Support

Comment

freezing

Yes I understand that, but it seems I need to release my esignal object just to change symbols (not just for exiting my program). Otherwise it doesn't always properly release my symbols...does this sound right?

Comment

How many symbols are you requesting real-time updates concurrently?

Anthony

Comment

Limit

Based on the question from Esignal there looks like there is a limit of how many real time quotes can be fetched within a certain time frame
              If that is the case then please let us know what the dealy would need to be between one request to the other
              I am specifically asking about commodites quotes.

Comment

just one...also I am getting error messages after a while that force me to restart my application. I am using Visual Studio 2005 (so VB.NET) if that makes a difference...Please help me get this stable...
                Attached Files

Comment

forum

Isn't this supposed to be the support forum for the Desktop API? I am having real issues with the Desktop API which I paid money for to use...As far as I can tell, it doesn't work real well. It takes me a week to get any type of response from esignal to my posts...

Is there anyother way to get support for this product? Does the Desktop API work properly? Can someone plese help me get through my problems?

Thanks,
                  Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,

When you say "just one" below, was that a response to Anthony's question about how many symbols you're requesting?

This is actually a user forum. While the Developer Support Team does monitor it, and may reply to posts it should not be considered a primary means of support. I will PM you with the address to email for support.

Thanks,
                    Starr

Comment

Yes, I am only using one symbol...thank you I emailed support, with my issue as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X