X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filled orders

Hi!
    I've posted this before, but still:
    Is there any way to know through Desktop API's if the order is filled.
    For example , my EFS script sends LIMIT orders, and I would like to know if the orders is filled. I do know how to find out that the LIMIT order is set (onPlaceOrder method can help me with that), but I need to get an event in my application as soon as this LIMIT order is filled.

thank you in advance,
    Roman

Roman,

There is no way for eSignal's data farm to know if your broker has filled the order. The OnPlaceOrder event simply returns a confirmation that you have requested an order. On the other hand, when the broker fills that order there is no interaction with the eSignal application. It is essentially a one-way communication. Consequently, there is no associated event for it.

Starr

Comment

Order Confirm

Sounds like u want to check the price and see if went through your limit. That will depend on what and where you trade. It will probably work pretty often* on NYSE, for example, if you can filter the ticks to NYSE only (no ECN's).

*You don't get it if there is "stock ahead", .

There is some file reading capability in EFS though, so if you can make the fill from your broker generate a disk file, say log.txt w/ a time stamp, then you could read that file on an interval.

Its all ass-backwards though because what u really want is an API from your broker that has price data, current shares, etc, otherwise your going to get SS violations.

Comment

Working...
      X