Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ploting in eSignal

Hi,

This is my first experience with eSignal development.

I'm looking forward to build an Add-On for eSignal. I need to plot a chart from data that my system generates on a txt file, on my own server. Can I integrate External data to eSignal client?

If so, can I do it with EFS, or do I need to acquier the API kit?

Thank you,

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

EFS does have File I/O capability if that is all you need. The text file would need to be placed in the the formula output root which can be set in the Formula Engine Settings (Tools-->EFS-->Settings).
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

http File Reading

Hi JasonK,
      Thank you for your reply.
      I've seen the EFS settings, but I think it can only read a flat file from local computer.

What I'm trying to build is an Add-On for eSignal, that should read a TXT that is on a protected URL, generated by my server every 15 minutes, with the market future prices.

Can you advice wich eSignal tool should I use?

Thank you,

Dan

Originally posted by JasonK
      Hello Daniel,

EFS does have File I/O capability if that is all you need. The text file would need to be placed in the the formula output root which can be set in the Formula Engine Settings (Tools-->EFS-->Settings).

Comment

Dan:

What you need to use in that case is the EFS HTTP() object. Look in the EFS2 help file (either the online version or the CHM version in my Specialty Scripts group) under EFS Objects. The HTTP Object() example shows how to read in a text file from a URL.

Chris

Comment

Working...
        X