Looking for Database Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Database Recommendation

I am pulling detailed quote date on selected stocks for day trading and placing that data in flat files for analysis of potential trades. Does anyone have a favorite data base application to recieve detaled quote data directly or indirectly? Especially one that is compatible with statistical applications?
    Thanks,
    Cone Killer

mySQL will probably do whatever you need. My application uses Oracle, but that's mainly because I have a lot more experience using it than mySQL.

Comment

Thank you. MySQL looks like a good choice. For other projects, I built Access tables in Visual Basic but they are limited to 32k records and 256 fields -- which means you run out of room just as your project matures.
      BTW, are you populating the database directly from the API or are you using an intermediate process such as API to flat files to MySQL?
      Thank you again,
      Cone Killer

Comment

At 5pm every trading day, my program requests and stores the day's closing prices directly in my Oracle database.

Comment

Looking for database recommendation

I am using SQL OLEDB on top of Access 2003 and VB.NET 2005. I have tables with more than 1 million rows. I have built a personal trading system that is using analytical data from ValueLine, S&P and IBD as well as a real-time feed from eSignal. The performance is nearly instantaneous for me - If I were going to commercilize it, I would probably replace Access with Oracle.

Comment

Working...
          X