Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with C# .net 2005

Hi,

I'm attempting to run the c# sample "Multiple History Requests in VB.zip " (this is actually a c# sample) from the eSignal file sharing group. The sample does not work for me.

My guess is that the application is not receiving events for some reason. Maybe it's an interop issue? Or maybe its some issue with vs2005?

I'm pretty sure the IESignal.HooksClass is getting instantiated and I'm pretty sure I can access properties and methods on that object - but I'm getting no events after requesting data..

The events are defined like this:

esignal.OnBarsReceived += new IESignal._IHooksEvents_OnBarsReceivedEventHandler( esignal_OnBarsReceived);

esignal.OnBarsChanged += new IESignal._IHooksEvents_OnBarsChangedEventHandler(e signal_OnBarsChanged);

Has anyone had any trouble with this app? Has anyone compiled a VS 2005 c# project that works with IESIgnal?

Thanks,
    Charley

Today I converted that same project ("Multiple History Requests in VB.zip") to VS 2005 and I also am not getting any data back (events firing). If you figure something out, please post your findings, I'll do the same.

Comment

Per Microsoft, there are problems running apps in Debug mode in the 2005 environment. Try running your sample as a Release.

Comment

I did attempt to run the sample in 'Release' mode with Visual Studio 2005 but I am still not getting any updates.

Comment

If you are running this within the development environment, make sure you run it with "Start without debugging" or you can right it directly from the exe.

Also make sure that you have specified your username correctly in setApplication and also you are entitled for the symbols you have requested.

Anthony
          eSignal Developer Support

Comment

Still, does not work. In fact when I try to run the exe from the release directly, the application does not even load up. Have you been able to run anything with Visual Studio 2005?

Comment

Georger, hope you're still around!
              Did you ever get anything running in VS2005?
              Gretchen

Comment

Working...
              X