Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esignal to Excel

Hi All,

I'm aware of the "SigTools" feature, which is indeed very nice. But I need something quite more--yet I have no doubt that such a thing has already been developed (or is easily developed): and I'd like to purchase it:

In real-time, I need to query and import chart data into Excel, line by line/bar by bar. This includes Date,Time, OHLC, and all indicator values.

Excel sheet would then be a series of records, with a record added to the next row whenever a new bar formed, in real-time. I can then write VBA code to deal with the imported records in real time, to suit myself.

I've found that I can figure out much of what I would need just using the 'last' quote call provided with SigTools, but I also need to get indicator values (which I can't calculate myself in Excel since some of the indicators are "no source code" type.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
    Steve

Run API from Excel

Steve,

If you can write VBA code, all you need to do is instance the API object in your Excel VBA code (as well documented by eSignal) and access the API's events and methods. It works pretty well, but there is a learning curve. I like using Excel to prototype financial applications because, althougth you pick up some heavy performance robbing overhead, the Excel "shell" offers a rich set of IO and data display without much effort.

Best of Luck,
    Howard

Comment

Working...
    X